Thursday, March 21, 2013

'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10
________________________________________
Today's Scripture is one of my signature life passages as it calms me and brings me great peace even through times of infirmity. I have in the past experienced times of great fear and turbulence-even crisis--as I struggled to deal with myasthenic syndrome. However, growing in faith, I have come to see the situation in a whole new way.

By the power of the Holy Spirit, exacerbations of this disease are no longer deemed crisis, as I place it all at the foot of the cross. Like a hurricane that has been downgraded to a tropical storm, these challenging times are now viewed as a serious annoyance as my speech is garbled, mobility is slowed, and breathing is difficult. And the benefits of this new perspective are huge!

Even as I am here at the hospital today, I have a heart of gratitude rather than fear. I feel blest to have a treatment that returns me to remission, and God's praise is the goal of my day. No more fear. No more dismay...

For I am confident, even after 30 years of living with this challenging condition, that God is in control, and I will be healed one day in His special time and way! Fear only serves as a distraction to take my eyes and heart away from Jesus, The Great Healer and Comforter of my soul...

Adele M. Gill 2013 Copyright













I

No comments:

Post a Comment