Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal..."

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal..."                                                                       Philippians 3:13-14

Clearly, it's all about forging ahead in anticipation of God's grace. Grace cannot be earned, rather it is unwarranted merit freely given by our loving God. We must simply be press in and press on, even and ecspecially in times of adversity,  be open to receive all of God's wondrous blessings each day, and give gratitude where gratitude is due.

For me, rather than worrying about things, I try my level best to place situations, and people in my life, in the hands of the Almighty... and not take them back and place them on my worry list. I have learned to pray confidently for myself and others with great anticipation that the Lord will show up and act to make things the way they are meant to be. In that way, there are no coincidences in my world, and I am able to look for silver linings great and small along the way that provide evidence for me that the Lord is present and involved.

Yes, sometimes it is a challenge to keep moving forward when feeling bogged down by the past or when not feeling well. Yet, somehow, we must muster all the self control we can to avoid living in the past and start living in hopeful anticipation of what God will do next in our lives. 

If I can focus more on Jesus than on myself, and the fact that I have waited 30+ years for a full healing, it is a declaration of faith and hope in Jesus. 

I often have to remind myself that yesterday is over. Today is what matters most in the eyes of God. And when we are able to embrace that, the Lord can do His finest work in our lives! 

                                                      Adele M. Gill   2013   Copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment