Saturday, July 27, 2013

Embracing the Healing That Awaits You

Psalm 40:9-11 /   New International Version (NIV)

I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly. 11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me."

Day after day I read my Bible looking for the right Scripture to share here on this blog on any given day. Some days I am looking for comfort to share with hurting souls, or even myself; other days, I am compelled to write about gratitude and blessings. Sometimes I can go for several days or a week without posting a single devotional blog post, just waiting for that one timely Bible passage that resonates in my soul; that Scripture that will glorify God in the most beneficial way possible. And today was no different, as this Scripture beckoned me to embrace and share its meaning with my readers.

Recently, I announced here that I am believing that God is giving me a healing miracle. Despite the obvious fact that right now I am once again out of remission and in the midst of another exacerbation, my belief in receiving a miraculous healing has not changed. I truly believe that this is simply a miracle in progress... I am on the installment plan!

The Lord has been so gentle, kind, merciful and ever-present with me in my life, how can I do anything but feel gratitude to Him and exult Him on high in print??? Even as I write this now, my speech today is extremely garbled and difficult to understand from this disease, yet God has instilled in me a heart of gratitude for blessings. In sickness and in health, I can see the Lord's workings in my life, as He has always provided for my every need! Now that's healing! 

I am grateful for the bipap machine that keeps me out of the hospital, and for the walker that helps me keep rolling. I am grateful for the IVIG treatments that I receive every 3 months, and the fact that I have insurance to cover the $30,000 per round of treatments. I am grateful for the family and friends who pull close around me when I am not well, to help when things get tough, especially my loving husband; and for the fact that I even have remissions at all. I am grateful, too for your prayers that are so uplifting for me, as I am certain that prayer changes things...Ultimately, in my mind, God has provided it all, and for that, I am eternally grateful! / Adele M. Gill


No comments:

Post a Comment