Wednesday, July 31, 2013

“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord”

“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord” Psalm 31:25
________________________________________________

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I feel weak in body, mind, and spirit, overwhelmed by the challenges in this life, I often turn to prayer and Scripture for help. Though written some 2000 years ago, reading the Holy Bible just seems to airlift me to higher ground, to a place where I experience almost immediate peace, rejuvenation, comfort, healing, and discernment of God's will for me in any situation. In ministry, talking with friends, and even on days like today when I go to the Medical Center for treatment, I find myself with Bible in tow and turning it often, and feel lost without it...'Guess that explains why I generally carry my Bible with me in my 'rolling office!"

 So why is the Bible so important? Well, for starters, it is the inspired,timeless living Word of God for all times~ a beacon, a lighthouse to those who believe in Jesus Christ. It teaches us how to try to live a blessed -good life by following Jesus Christ, and it is the unparallelled bridge between Christianity and Judaism. Here are some of my favorite Scriptures to reflect on and to share: 
 
“This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:25

“Give thanks to the Lord, who is good, whose love endures forever.”  Psalm 118:1

“The joy of the Lord is your strength.”  Nehemiah 8:10

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”  Psalm 37:3-4

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.”  Psalm 28:7



“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him…”  Romans 8:28

“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord” Psalm 31:25

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”  Galatians 5:22-24

Blessings,
Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment