Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Eradicating Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear...But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself." Matthew 6:25-34
______________________________________________________
Since my youth, I have been a world-class worrier. What did I worry about? I worried about everything! My family, work, finances, relationships, what other people thought of me... Worry, worry, worry. But then, something blessed happened in my life to dispel this intrusive, ongoing anxiety, and now I feel free to live my life according to God's plan rather than my own...I learned that fear and faith in God cannot coexist, and that faith always wins out!

Some years ago, I started to grow in my faith in Jesus, and worry eventually seemed to fade when compared with the love of GOD. Yes, worry still is an occasional, unwelcome part of my life, a bad habit, if you will, but a much smaller part of my thinking. Today, I am able to focus more on Jesus, less on myself, and many of my prior worldly burdens seem to have gone by the wayside. How? Well, I began consciously trying to pray more with confidence, and worry less, and, simply began trusting that my prayers would be answered and that God would 'show up' whenever I needed Him.

You see, when you lay your life in God's hands, you are free to go where He sends you, and are released from the bondage of pleasing other people. By so doing, you are free to live and speak and write and serve with renewed clarity and purpose in the Lord. Even in the face of negativity and judgement by others, you are able to stay focused on Jesus, and press on, and in, unscathed, while pursuing a life of truth, loving service and holy boldness. /
 ___________________________________________________
Adele M. Gill   2013  Copyright




No comments:

Post a Comment