Saturday, April 5, 2014

A New Creation

 "So if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!" 2 Corinthians 5:17



I think we all have heard the word 'saved' many times. In my earlier years as a Christian Catholic, I never really understood what it meant to be saved...So what does it really mean? Well, first of all, whether or not to be saved is a very important personal decision. Being 'saved' means that you have dedicated your life to Jesus Christ. Specifically, the Bible tells us, according to Romans 10:9, "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." 





Secondly, it means that the Holy Spirit of Jesus come upon you and will help you step up and embrace your new life in Him. In that way, you become a new creation, putting aside sinful old ways and walking away from things that used to distance you from God and others. You still have your free will, but the desires of your heart and your actions are what change, as they innately become reflections of Jesus Christ. 



If you sincerely hunger & thirst to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have not already done so, repeat the following prayer aloud:



Dear Lord,
Please forgive me for all the things I have done wrong.    
 I choose to turn to You and away from sin.
                                                 Jesus, please be the center of my life,                                                     
I welcome you personally as Lord and Savior of my life.
I ask You to fill me and empower me with the Holy Spirit                               
to live according to God’s Divine Will for me.
I want to have Your grace to truly live a new life in You. Amen!

[Adapted Prayer from 'ChristLife' ]

No comments:

Post a Comment