Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jesus: The Great Healer

"...Afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed..."  2 Corinthians 4:8-9  /  New International Version [NIV]

Tomorrow is the day that my husband and I were to leave to go on our trip, a Healing Pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, but life really is chock full of surprises. Just 5 days before we were to leave, we learned from the medical director for the trip that it was determined that my health is too fragile to make the long Trans-Atlantic flight, and half packed, our trip was cancelled. 

Yes, like this Scripture passage, we were stunned, very disappointed, and in shock for a day or two, but through prayer, we are doing fine now. It did, however, serve as a reminder  that Jesus is with us, right here in this place and in our ordinary lives, and that He IS the Great Healer, Comforter and Protector. Though it would have been a wonderful adventure, one need not travel half way around the world to have their prayers heard and answered. Jesus is in our midst tirelessly working all things out for the good.

I know I will be healed one day, if not in a distant and wonderful place like Lourdes, then perhaps right here in Harford County, Maryland. With abundant opportunities for healing inside and out, He has healed me in so many ways already, and I look forward with great anticipation to see what He will do next in my life and the lives of those around me!

Meanwhile, I am determined not to let health matters be the end all and be all, the center of my life. It's time to expand my Chaplain ministry, for there is so much work to be done for the glory of God...Healing will come in time.

Adele M. Gill 2014  Copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment