Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Those at Peace With God Have a Future

                                           "Those at peace with God have a future." Psalm 37:37

From day to day, many live hectic lives filled with too much to do and often too little time to do it. Sometimes we even find ourselves wishing we could slow down a bit. Truth is, every life has its own  rhythm, its own pace, that allows each person to live comfortably as we go about our day.  If your life rhythm is too fast paced, you will not have peace. If your daily life is too slow, boredom, apathy and rumination may set in.

It really is important to find the life rhythm that agrees with you most in body, mind and spirit. In essence, for most, it is really important to find what brings you peace, and do more of it! Personally, I tend to notice feelings of being 'out of sync' when  I am too busy or preoccupied with my own 'stuff'' to pray and reach out to others. Anything that prevents us from putting God first presents obstacles to living in true, enduring peace.

Through daily prayer, I have learned how to to put my own issues and desires aside, and listen through the silence of prayer to let God 'have His way' in my life. No, some days I fall short, but I continue to try because I know well that to seek God's plan for my daily life, means that problems and hurdles soon fade, and what is Eternally important naturally comes to the foreground.

When we walk in peace, we begin to trade aspiration for inspiration. With aspiration,we turn to the temporary happiness and success the world has to offer. However, inspired by His unconditional love,  joy and peace, we begin to search for peace itself~ that is, true peace, harmony with God.

                                                         Adele M. Gill   2013   Copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment